Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Complicated...

G-Man is still gone.....

As I await the return of my G-Man, I tend to occupy my time with several things homework, kids, eating, basic general everyday things.  But my favorite thing is to stalk people on Facebook.  I love to watch their lives unfold via social networking.  

What amazes me the most about the people I stalk, is the fact that they make no secret about their yearnings to be in a relationship or to be married.  I am sure you can guess, most of these people are women.  

I don't know what to say, most days I shake my head in disbelief.  Some days I see messages like "I am a strong woman, I don't need a man" and in the next update "Why can't I find someone for me?" "Why can't I have my white dress?". 

As I lay in my bed, I patiently wait for the updates to start.  It's like clock-work.  "I can't wait to see my baby", "Having a wonderful time with my man", "Ahhhhh".  To the "I am done" ,"Moving on", "Can't sleep, too much on my mind".  

All while changing their status' from single, to in a relationship, to its complicated, back to single, then back to It's complicated".  What is that?

Now I am totally guilty of the "lovey-dovey updates" especially in french.  "J'aime mon homme (I love my man)", "Je suis tellement en amour (I am so in love)", and blah blah blah".  Especially after a good dicking from G-Man.

But my updates don't hold a candle to the people I stalk on Facebook.  

These people go from one gear shift of  love  to hating this person, being heart broken, venting of their anger, to posting pictures that they shouldn't in less than a week.

If relationships can take a person to the extremes I see on FB, is really worth it? Should we look at it as a disposable relationship and move on?

I know, we as humans, are not made up to be alone, we are always searching for that wholeness, that person that will "complete" us.  It's a built in need.  

Love has a tremendous hold over us, even if we choose not to acknowledge it.  We are always on this relentless search for Mr or Mrs right, and they turn out to be Mr or Mrs right now.   

Before we jump into our next Facebook infused relationship failure rants, before we settle down with someone, it is important that we actually know us first. If a relationship is complicated maybe we are too complicated to begin with to be in a relationship.

We want to believe what we see on t.v. and in the movies, that we will ride off into the sunset with the person of our dreams.  Love doesn't really happen that way.  It happens in its own time, unforced by anyone.



But is it really that complicated......



No comments:

Post a Comment